Thursday 26 January 2012

STRALIA DAY

What a country and people! We celebrate a day when we settled a large and inhospitable "Southern land". Miles from anywhere, ships laden with convicts - many of whom had done not much more than steal a loaf of bread to subsist in a grimey and poverty stricken mother land! But they conquered the challenges, and prospered into a cheeky and successful country that punches far above its weight. A multicultural people benefitting from a richness and diversity of ancestral character into a real melting pot of nationalities.


Like many Aussies I celebrate today the contribution many of my ancestors have made to our great country, whether they be Governors or gatekeepers they have contributed their bit. I hope in my small way I can do the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment